2017 Accountability & LCAP Strategy Workshop: Final Reminder
Published February 27, 2017 12:42
We are nearing the conclusion of our winter '17 Accountability & LCAP Strategy Workshop series and wanted to send you one final reminder that you can still register for one of the final two confirmed workshop locations in this year's series: Los Angeles or Fresno.
The Los Angeles and Fresno workshops will be the final opportunities to receive CSDC's in-depth, charter-specific accountability and LCAP guidance in an interactive, in-person format for some time to come. So we hope you will join us and the dozens of charter school colleagues who will gather to learn and discuss practicable strategies for navigating California's fluid accountability landscape.
Registration Closing for the Final 2 Workshops
Today is the final day to register for the March 6 Accountability & LCAP Strategies Workshop in Los Angeles.
Today also marks one week until registration closes for the March 13 workshop in Fresno.
To register or learn more, please click below:
Los Angeles, CA
Monday, March 6, 2017
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel - Commerce
5757 Telegraph Road, Commerce, CA 90040
Register by tonight (February 27)
Monday, March 13, 2017
Fresno Unified Nutrition Center
4480 N Brawley Ave, Fresno, CA 93722
Register by next Monday (March 6)
About the Workshop
Designed for senior school administrators and leaders (e.g., principals, executive directors, CFOs, governing board members, etc.) who have substantial involvement with their schools' LCFF, LCAP, and other key accountability matters, this workshop will help attendees best position their schools for the new metrics while keeping accountability meaningful and manageable.
Assessing your school's readiness
This workshop is particularly intended for those schools that are currently thinking-through the many layers of the new accountability system. For example:
- Does your leadership staff understand the new high-stakes, publicly reported multiple measures replacing the API?
- Do you understand the new multi-stage sequence of assistance, including automatic triggers for authorizer and state engagement?
- Do the charter petition and Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) include strategically developed goals? Do they exclude or modify performance indicators to reflect how the Local Control Funding Formula’s (LCFF) “state priorities” apply to the school’s program?
- Are you ready to analyze performance on new multiple measures and develop concrete plans to (1) get the "easy ones" and (2) improve performance on the trickier ones?
- Where the state's new measures may not reflect your school's strengths, is your school getting ahead of the data story? Are you tracking progress on measures that are meaningful for your school and documenting evidence of growth?
- Given potentially burdensome new accountability tasks, are you streamlining and investing time where it counts most?
The cost of registration for CSDC Members is $150 per person. Non-members may attend at the rate of $300 per person. To view additional registration information and signup for this event, please click the button below: